News:

ARMACLANS - Be sure to vote for the EPI on Armaclans and keep us up top!

Main Menu

Grand Campaign, Week of 4/18-4/24

Started by Rethmeier, April 18, 2011, 12:11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rethmeier

Achtung Männer von dem ersten Ostpressischen Regiment!

I have just recieved a map showing the positions of our armies and those of the enemy in our current campaign in the defense of Dusseldorf.  The majority of these documents are classified, but what I can tell you is that we will be facing a much larger french force in the coming week. 
     Steel yourselves, for we must show our resolve and our determination in the coming struggle.  Dicipline shall be our weapon which we shall use to overcome the enemy in defense of our homes.  The French have us outnumbered and outgunned in unfriendly territory, but we shall not surrender without a fight.  Our proud Kompanie represents over half of our force and we shall lead our allies to victory!  Our actions in the coming battle will help to pave the way for our armies as they make their way into Belgium.  No one shall doubt our skill when they see our ferocity on the battlefield.  But ferocity alone will not ensure us victory.  We must use this week to train and perfect our manuevers.  Trust in your officers and your fellow soldiers and Prussian steel shall do the rest. 
     Now, report to your Platoon leaders and commence your training.  We shall show these frenchmen what it means to go against Prussians on the battlefield.  They shall know fear when they see us on the horizon and hear the sound of our boots marching in unison!  They shall know fear when they see our muskets level and our volleys hit home!  And they shall know fear when they hear the Prussian battlecry and shall break and run at the sight of our charge breaking through the smoke!  We shall scatter the enemy before us and claim this land for Prussia!  Onwards men!  Show the French what it means to be a true soldier! 

Fuer den Kaiser!  Fuer das Vaterland! 

Sven

Quote from: Rethmeier on April 18, 2011, 12:11:56 AMDicipline

In all seriousness though, I finally got around to reading exactly how this works, and I am super psyched for this!

Element

Fuer das Vaterland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picklesnipe

*CLASSIFIED DOCUMENT - moving to officers area*
Thanks Picklesnipe!

The_Weapon

HUZZAH!!!

hey reth will we have any allies at all for this fight?

Picklesnipe

Quote from: The_Weapon on April 18, 2011, 03:11:09 PM
HUZZAH!!!

Am I allowed to tell him?

Sven

Quote from: Picklesnipe on April 18, 2011, 03:32:15 PM
Quote from: The_Weapon on April 18, 2011, 03:11:09 PM
HUZZAH!!!

Am I allowed to tell him?

It's no secret. From the official forum:

Current Regiments and their Preferences:
Britain: Total = 163-223 rough
General Gen 1
95th Rifles Skirm 10
22nd Reg  arty 10
52nd Reg  Inf 12
Russian Life Guard Inf 10-15
Freikorps Cav 10-15
41st Inf 10-20
Nederlande 8-12
33rd Inf 8-17
51st inf 25-40
1Gde inf 10-15
EPI Inf 20-25
87th (29th HA) Inf 10-12
32nd inf 20

Rethmeier

If you read closely our Company makes up half of our force.  Yes we do have allies, but not many.  I'd rather not start posting details just in case one of our Visitors is on the french team.  That's why we're not posting maps or describing our forces in detail.

Shep

*Cough* A French teamer logged on recently here *Cough*

That FLR leader..

Shhh
Picton: Perfect.
Picton: And some weed.
Picton: And I'll do it.
Picton: Send me some weed Shep.
Picton: I'm serious

Wulfburk

Well then when the campaign starts make a sub forum just for the grand campaign with strategies and all that only members of 1stepi can see and post

Rethmeier

I don't think that's really all that neccessary guys.  I mean really, all our job consists of is just showing up when we're told to and fighting the battles.  I'll give you all the information you need going into it, but everything is basically out of our control.  All I get(sometimes) are updates of our Strategic position along with some info about where people are.  None of this even matters to us unless we happen to engage the enemy.  If there were actually strategies and tactics to discuss then we may do this, but really all we need to do is continue to train hard and then give it our all when the battle rolls around.  I can tell you that it appears the enemy has withdrawn because we've lost sight of the French across the entire front.... a storm is brewing.

Shep

The French are using one thousand lies, and a good disguise.
How on earth can they hide everything?

RoyaleWithCheese

Are the FK our only cavalry regiment? It seems the French have several.

Rethmeier

I do belive they are our only cavalry.

Shep

Hmm, good thing they know how to use a horse.

I just spam until I get something.