News:

ARMACLANS - Be sure to vote for the EPI on Armaclans and keep us up top!

Main Menu

Friday Conquest Event

Started by Avoric, July 15, 2011, 03:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avoric

Since the regular Friday Linebattle was canceled for this evening we have decided to host our own Conquest event in it's place. With luck this will be a very large event.

The details can be found on the taleworlds forum, everyone is welcome (public players included)

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,183095.0.html

QuoteAt 9 Eastern, the 1st EPI will be holding a conquest event to fill in the Friday Linebattle that's been cancelled for tonight.
Public players are welcome to join, the teamspeak you'll be using is ts3.1stepi.com - regiments can stay in their own teamspeak for this one.
If you have any troubles connecting to the teamspeak server, then update teamspeak.

Conquest Event Rules

Each team has a headquarters. This is generally Flag 0 for Team 1 and Flag 1 for Team 2. You may only spawn in your headquarters. Anybody who has spawned outside of the headquarters will be slain, and repeated offenses will be a kick/temp ban.

To leave the headquarters, you must be in a line of at least 6 players. A regiment may have as many lines as they like, but each needs to be at least 6 people to leave spawn. Public players can form their own lines or they can attatch to another regiment.

Once your line has dropped to 2 players, and you are not currently in a melee, then you need to rout to the nearest friendly line and latch onto them.

You may garrison houses.

All players will be line infantry. No artillery, cavalry, or skirmishers **This may change on the fly, we may designate a couple small regiments to be artillery for example, but expect to play as line infantry!!**

And most importantly... You must stay in a line at all times. Treat it like a normal linebattle when you're on the field.

For any questions, post here, or talk to Avoric or I on steam (Bruck_Konn | azrooh)

Teams will play to 750 points. The round ends when the points reach 0 OR a team's headquarters is taken and everybody on the team is killed.

MAP 1 -- Austerlitz
MAP 2 -- Borodino
MAP 3 -- Kazinek Crossing

The event will be hosted on the 1stEastPrussianEU server (200 slots, runs very smooth for North American players)

Sven

I have a dream, that one of these days, we will use one of my two conquest maps.

Azrooh

Went awesomely guys. 100 players in a conquest event, maintained all the way until the end.

Avoric

It went superbly awesome Azrooh, fantastic work. Was quite pleased to see the Devs attend, and they appeared to enjoy themselves. As did everyone else I saw, I didn't see any moaning and whining during the event and we received excellent feedback afterwords. Thank you for helping this event go so smoothly.

Azrooh

Glad to be of help...

Now we should get to planning when to do the next one :P

syncswim

Man, now I'm extra sorry I missed it, I'll definitely be there for the next one though.

Avoric

Conquest event this Friday

The regular Linebattle was canceled but we will be hosting another awesome Conquest event in it's place! The last one went so well we already have a pretty eager crowd and more regiments confirmed. Last time we had an attendance of about 115-125 lets beat that this time, starting with the EPI. We're hosting, lets dominate.

Silentspy

im not gonna push anything here, but what if we let furnie or someone take lead of a public regiment? that way we could spread this to even more people

EDIT: Scratch that, i now read the conquest event topic on MM forum and it seems we already do this :P

The_Weapon

yup and hopefully i get to help furnie again. I realy enjoyed helping last time!

Avoric

Since we might be having the Lith take command of the pub (goons?) cav yes and no. If we have enough public players Furnie, if he wants to, will lead the public line and if we don't have many they will fall in with us.