News:

ARMACLANS - Be sure to vote for the EPI on Armaclans and keep us up top!

Main Menu

E.P.I.C.S (East Prussian Infantry Chambering school)

Started by Hasan, August 07, 2011, 01:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasan

Quote from: Wulfburk on August 07, 2011, 02:21:29 PM
will come! since i dont even know what chambering is...

chambering is when you block an enemy attack by attacking in the direction they attack you in, i do it alot, but my mistake. thing is, i don't know how to make use of it, but yeah i think it would be a good idea. so i'll see everyone on tommorow, on monday 8th of August 2011, at 4:00 eastern... em 9:00 GMT PM.

I'm realy glad that alot of people are going to show up for this.

I can't post an "Announcement" on the steam group, so if somone could do that for me, it would be great!
-cheers!  :D

Shep

Picton: Perfect.
Picton: And some weed.
Picton: And I'll do it.
Picton: Send me some weed Shep.
Picton: I'm serious

Hasan

awesome :)

I just need somone to post it in the notifications

Monday on 4eastern (9GMT) PM

And on 7 PM eastern wednsday
and whatever fits the guys in europe, i get 7:00 pm GMT as well, so europeans have their own time on wednsday, and the guys in the americas have their own time, that way we can have everyone jump in, since some people won't be able to make it at 4pm eastern

Hasan

I'm necroing this post, it has been forgotten.

let's bring back some melee training, on the same dates. and timing.

especially since i know how to chamber to some extent, and know how to melee pretty well :)

Caesarsalad

id like an event like this, as i missed it last time.

Hasan

We'll do 40% Chambering training, 40% Melee training, and 30% Shooting practice Tommorow at 4:00 Est.

We'll try to keep it going for only 45 minutes, it's completly optional.

Monday 4:00 Est, hopefully i can get there :P
And hopefully we see some faces :D

Gunny

Fear not Death, that grim Reaper of souls, for if he takes us from this bloodied field, we shall storm the gates of Hell instead.

Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war!

"Crush Your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."

Hillariousman

Caesarsalad

Quote from: Hasan on November 27, 2011, 12:09:46 PM
We'll do 40% Chambering training, 40% Melee training, and 30% Shooting practice Tommorow at 4:00 Est.

We'll try to keep it going for only 45 minutes, it's completly optional.

Monday 4:00 Est, hopefully i can get there :P
And hopefully we see some faces :D
4:00 est..... i cant make it. Damn you Hasan  >:(

Hasan

Quote4:00 est..... i cant make it. Damn you Hasan  >:(

There's another one on wednsday at 8est :P

Caesarsalad

Quote from: Hasan on November 28, 2011, 03:51:20 AM
Quote4:00 est..... i cant make it. Damn you Hasan  >:(

There's another one on wednsday at 8est :P
i probably cant make that either =P

Hasan

Caesarsalad

cant make wednesdays but during the week, any time before midnight gmt

Furnie

nobody asks the Furnie for advice on chambering? :C

I have random bits of advice anyway: Chambering while walking towards the enemy is much more difficult and hard on timing, rather than walking away from the enemy as you chamber; unless it's a matter of preference and personal timing. (specifically for stabs, over-heads are not as confusing when going towards them) Another HUGE reason I would suggest walking away from them is this: your opponent chambers too! If your opponent successfully chambers your attack while you're walking towards him, you'll be too close and possibly have no time to react before getting stabbed.

For psychological reasons or possibly game reasons, chambering a left swing (on your left or their right) such as with swords, causes me to swing too early and miss the chamber. Right chambers are easier for me, so if you're anything like me, I suggest slightly delaying your left chamber compared to your right chamber.

If you want to be even more karate-induced, don't neglect your kicking practice. Kicking takes about the same amount of time for stabbing with a bayonet, so time it like you would stab someone. (I wouldn't suggest kicking as a primary  :P) I find it easier kicking other chamberers, because they're always trying to get right on top of me, I can fake-stab and just kick them.  8)

If you find yourself facing a tough opponent who also knows how to chamber, just fake-stab a few times. make him attempt to chamber a fake-stab, so you can get the edge on him by pulling an over-head or another stab before he can react again.

And remember, chambering an over-head and a stab are interchangeable, you can chamber a stab with a timed over-head and vice verse. Notice: this doesn't work for side swings. :P

EDIT: I would never condone chambering in a Line Battle unless you're facing a single opponent. You can't focus on one single guy when we charge a group of enemies or you'll get stabbed in the back. In fact, I do better when I'm ganged on by 3 or so guys (not many more than that though) because, when they gang up on you, they make more mistakes. And I never focus only on the guy in front of me, in fact, I hardly ever attack him first.
I pretend to be occupied with one guy, then quickly stab his friend coming up my side. So, I get surrounded, pretend to not notice them, then stab the guys on my flanks before going for the guy in front of me. And always look out for your team mates during our suicidal charges, I like to draw enemies away from my teammates so they don't stab my buddies in the back.