News:

ARMACLANS - Be sure to vote for the EPI on Armaclans and keep us up top!

Main Menu

Napoleonic Total War 3 Fall Tournament

Started by Brookmanz, October 16, 2011, 11:19:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven

Quote from: Brookmanz on October 17, 2011, 10:23:07 PM
Added ya

A reminder to everyone, make sure that the mod works for you before you sign up.  Lets get all the technical issues ironed out before we start the matches.

True enough. Will install it after work and see if its working.

Sven

Hmm..none of the units are really named. Like it just says like "Line Infantry" "Elite Infantry" and "Horse Cavalry". Then Cavalry had like 300 units, when infantry had ~250.  Then I couldnt even see anything but the enemy general. Super glitchy.

Brookmanz

Did you do a custom battle or something?  NTW3 is only a MP mod at the moment.  That may have something to do with it.  Either that or you didn't launch the game through the NTW3 launcher.

Sven

I used the mod manager to launch it, and yeah I did a custom battle.

Velocirapetor

I'll sign up, but I might have connection issues with some people hosting. Every time Lawl and I try to play a match, I never can connect, but supposedly Weapon has been able to on occasion so we'll see how it works.

Lordark

Are you sure you got the mod from this website?

http://www.thelordz.org/mods.html

I hope you can get it to work would be nice to play you all.

LawL LawL

Quote from: Sven on October 18, 2011, 06:30:43 PM
Hmm..none of the units are really named. Like it just says like "Line Infantry" "Elite Infantry" and "Horse Cavalry". Then Cavalry had like 300 units, when infantry had ~250.  Then I couldnt even see anything but the enemy general. Super glitchy.

Do you have a clean install? or any other modded files? Maybe you missed some of the packs, or got the wrong load-order for the packs. Could be any of those reasons. I had the exact same problem, all I had to do was get rid of EiC pack files, and run it from the NTW3 launcher.

For anyone unable to connect to games due to incompatibility issues, and none of the problems mentioned above fit your case. Check you launcher and see if there is an NTW3 MP button, if not, you have downloaded the Beta version, and need to uninstall that, and get a hold of the full 1.0 release. There are plenty of links around the forums. A simple google search will also work.

EDIT: Oh I missed that part, the cavalry unit you had was 364 men, on Ultra unit size, thats a reserve unit. Monstrously large and, as the name suggests, meant to be held in reserve and used at an opportune moment. (Use it as a regular cavalry unit and it'll be a magnet for all forms of enemy fire) Also, you can't see anything but the general because this mod actually uses reasonable distances for spotting enemies. You will not be able to magically track your opponent with satellite imaging and then relay the information to yourself via laptop and wireless internet while you're in the Napoleonic Era.

von_Brennenburg

Downloading NTW III, anyone willing to fight me so I can check if it works? :D

uzo70

Quote from: von_Brennenburg on October 21, 2011, 11:28:24 AM
Downloading NTW III, anyone willing to fight me so I can check if it works? :D

I will crush you as a little worm !! ;)

LawL LawL

Careful Uzo.... I don't recall Denmark beating Germany in any conflict...

von_Brennenburg

Quote from: LawL LawL on October 21, 2011, 01:35:22 PM
Careful Uzo.... I don't recall Denmark beating Germany in any conflict...
QFT

uzo70

Hey i diden't say i was going to play as Denmark

Sven

I have EiC installed as well. Is that known to cause issues?

von_Brennenburg

My game was fucked up because I've installed NTW III over EiC

LawL LawL

Quote from: Sven on October 21, 2011, 04:32:12 PM
I have EiC installed as well. Is that known to cause issues?

Yes, thats what caused the lack of proper unit names for me. Get rid of all the EiC prefixed .pack files, then run NTW3 launcher, and hit NTW3 MP.

The campaign isnt really modded at all, and uses MP unit caps, so your entire nation is capped at 1 howitzer, like 4-10 veteran line infantry units, etc. The historical battles however, are really good, they're scaled down and each unit is a real regiment or battalion, not a generic unit like in regular Total War Historical Battles.