News:

ARMACLANS - Be sure to vote for the EPI on Armaclans and keep us up top!

Main Menu

3rd Zug "Ghost Platoon" Reformed

Started by Element, November 01, 2011, 08:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haresus

We once had some kind of skirmish training with Rethmeier for everyone (not only 3 Zug, since they didnt exist anymore by then). Like, from a line you right face, drop of 4 dudes, continue moving forward, drop 4 more, and so on. Then you spread out in some odd way and yeah... All very complicated stuff.

Wulfburk

i remember that, didnt understood it pretty well, so just followed people near me

LawL LawL

Quote from: Wulfburk on November 03, 2011, 06:47:21 PM
i remember that, didnt understood it pretty well, so just followed people near me

Lol yeah, I remember, you and Serrow I think, or maybe Oreo, were just wandering around as Reth gave out orders. You kept moving with the wrong skirmish group.

Wulfburk

dont think it was me, the skirmish group thing i kinda got it, splitting up in 4, but what i didnt understood was how to spread out with your group, luckly we never had to use that tactic in a line battle

Sven

Assassinator1097

Lol, wait, that was A3 at training tonight?

Heinrich

Assassinator1097

Apparently ghosts can still taste saber.

LawL LawL

Quote from: Assassinator1097 on November 03, 2011, 09:44:25 PM
Apparently ghosts can still taste saber.

The ghosts aren't very scary either... I would've expected to see people flee in terror from a platoon of ghosts like Lord of the Rings.... those things are scary =/

Argus

The Ghost Platoon were even in the manual for a short time:

Actually, I do believe that this is the moment when we switched over to formations by Zuge, or Half Companies. Having a 3rd Zug that could either reinforce or extend the line, or be deployed as skirmishers was the main reason we switched systems. Unfortunately, we were really too small to divide our forces like that.

While we're at it, does anyone remember these?
[spoiler]

I do believe they were from this era:
[/spoiler]

Hasan

Quote from: Argus on November 04, 2011, 11:48:13 AM

Actually, I do believe that this is the moment when we switched over to formations by Zuge, or Half Companies. Having a 3rd Zug that could either reinforce or extend the line, or be deployed as skirmishers was the main reason we switched systems. Unfortunately, we were really too small to divide our forces like that.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Argus, you have to send me some messages whenever you are doing anything to do with this stuff, i find it facinating, and i'd be eager to help.

Sharpshooter

Quote from: Argus on November 04, 2011, 11:48:13 AM

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
:) im in that 7th picture

Haresus

If that picture was taken after the 7th disbanded, I might be the dude to the far left. It could be taken far earlier, in which case I wasnt there.

LawL LawL

I remember the deploying from column to skirmish line, Reth covered that in skirmish training, as with the fire and advance, only in loose skirmish formation.

Grats on, yet again, making your presence felt A3, hope you arrive in even greater numbers next Friday!