News:

ARMACLANS - Be sure to vote for the EPI on Armaclans and keep us up top!

Main Menu

1stEPI Conquest Linebattle Event (OLD)

Started by Rethmeier, May 02, 2011, 04:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avoric

No, that was posted today. The grand campaign wouldn't be a "friendly" match, and besides as you said we are on the same side.

It would appear that they expect to attend, I don't believe they were invited however. It is invite only.

Unless Reth invited them

Haresus

Ive heard a few of them say that on the (MM) duel server, I just ignored it since I didnt know anything about it and supposed they meant the conquest event or the Grand Campaign or something.
Strange.

Kilgore Trout 89

Well, it was mostly EPI, but this was still an awesome event.  I had a lot of fun with this.  We should try again soon and hopefully more platoons will show up.

Luko

In a way this was more fun than linebattles.

Avoric

Quote from: Luko on May 14, 2011, 03:49:34 PM

I sure had a lot of fun, plus little downtime since men are always dying and moving out. Lots of fun and we never had a problem with organization. If we can get other regiments to join it will be even better.

syncswim

If nothing else it was a proof of concept that the game doesn't have to always be Counter Strike with muskets and horses. It sort of reminded me of multiplayer events for Armed Assault, where there's a level of orchestration and everyone agrees to play adhering to some core honor system rules and a bit of roleplay. The outcome is a much cooler experience for everyone. Hopefully stuff like this and the Grand Campaign encourage more ambition on the part of the devs and regiments. I mean if a clusterfuck of a community like cRPG can pull off Strategus...

Sorry about having to duck out early on such short notice  :'(.

RoyaleWithCheese

Quote from: Avoric on May 14, 2011, 04:19:35 PM

I sure had a lot of fun, plus little downtime since men are always dying and moving out. Lots of fun and we never had a problem with organization. If we can get other regiments to join it will be even better.

I was a little intimidated reading the rules, but yea, in practice it was usually pretty organized and simple. I'd still suggest adding a respawn delay of some kind to ensure that successful assaults on flags are properly rewarded.

Azrooh

Quote from: RoyaleWithCheese on May 14, 2011, 07:48:27 PM
Quote from: Avoric on May 14, 2011, 04:19:35 PM

I was a little intimidated reading the rules, but yea, in practice it was usually pretty organized and simple. I'd still suggest adding a respawn delay of some kind to ensure that successful assaults on flags are properly rewarded.

Yeah, definitely adding in a respawn time would be good.

The cool thing about respawn times in conquest is that players spawn in waves, so if the respawn time is 30 seconds, you're probably not going to be waiting over 20 seconds - but if you kill an enemy unit, they'll still be delayed getting back there.
It'll also allow for units to get organized more quickly, since more people will spawn per wave.

Rethmeier

Yeah respawn time will be added.  As far as the 51st goes, I scheduled a match with them and then forgot about it.... my bad.  I've rescheduled it for the 21st.

Brookmanz

I had a really good time with this event.  One of the things I think does need tweeking is the respawn.  It was fun but sort of unfair for the teams that swarmed the base flag only to have people respawn right in the middle of them.  Maybe just extending the timer another 5 or 10 seconds would help even that out.

And Lcuk, that fight for Flag 5 on Borodino was insane.  Nice job surviving until reinforcements arrived.