News:

ARMACLANS - Be sure to vote for the EPI on Armaclans and keep us up top!

Main Menu

Sunday Afternoon Prussian Army Game-a-thon

Started by Deofuta, June 30, 2013, 04:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deofuta

Hello folks!

In order to better bind the Prussian Army into a community, we will be starting a series of optional events to help everyone get to know each other, and perhaps take a break from the Napoleonic Era for a bit. Every Sunday at 3PM EST we will be playing a game or mod of our choice.

Our first selection, Assassins Hunt, proved to be a decent success for the impromptu nature of it. About 25 people played on and off, and good times were had. What would you like to see us play next week? If we cna get a consensus I will announce the game come Friday night in order for everyone to download it.

Some Guidelines.

1. Warband mods are fantastic options, if you have one in mind let us know.
2. Free to Play games work as well, try and get us some notice so we can all download it.
3. Abandonware games work wonderfully as well, this also includes games of which we all own, like AOE2.
4. Avoid titles we would need people to purchase, as I don;t want to exclude anyone.

Spatulot

Planetside 2?  We'd all have to agree on one nation, which might lead to some contention.  However, this would be fun.

"Be Indian Jones. It's the best and obvious choice" - Fuzz

Fuzzydude0

Meet the Mouse on Vimeo

TRANSFORMICE!

Free to Play browser game. Making an account is really just an account name and password. They don't make you jump through any hoops. If you don't even want to do that though, you can still play as a guest with limited extra functions.

Now, that video is around 3 year old; so of course it's highly outdated. The general concept still applies though, so it's still valid.

Transformice is one of those rare games where you see a Cash Shop done right. There are no bonuses or perks you can get using real money. Instead, you can buy little hats and fur coats to customize your mouse. If you don't want to spend anything at all, but still want those hats and fur coats, you can still get them through normal means of play!

Being a Shaman has its own learning curve that will surely challenge you. Being a normal mouse also comes with its own trials, but they're easy enough to figure out.

Most of you folks are right around the community's average age, so you shouldn't feel awkward about any age gaps.

I've been playing this game off/on almost since it came out ~3 years ago. It's a great deal of fun and a good time waster. I highly recommend it for competitive or social gamers, as it will please both.

http://www.transformice.com/
_〆(゚▽゚) I have no idea what I'm writing

__ψ(..)

(・_・)ノ⌒*

Lebowski

We could play that Arma 2, there are sure a lot of people who own that game. It lends pretty well to team play and has some fun times with it.

Anderson

Quote from: Lebowski on July 06, 2013, 11:02:34 AM
We could play that Arma 2, there are sure a lot of people who own that game. It lends pretty well to team play and has some fun times with it.

yes, i support the idea

credits: Uzo70 :D

Spatulot

Quote from: Fuzzydude0 on July 06, 2013, 01:40:33 AM

TRANSFORMICE!

Wouldn't mind trying this

Also if everyone who whats to play has Arma 2 I'd join in

L. Hopper

Talked to Deo, how would you all feel about a Persistent Frontier day? We use our own server and admin it ourselves.

Spatulot

Quote from: L. Hopper on July 06, 2013, 09:48:07 PM
Talked to Deo, how would you all feel about a Persistent Frontier day? We use our own server and admin it ourselves.
I'm in

HandOfGod

Deofuta

Alright, so for this week shall we do some private frontier world action?

Confuzzled

"Be QUIET Confuzzled!" - Everyone

Gunny

Should do some Star Trek online next week. Can set up a fleet action and all that.
Fear not Death, that grim Reaper of souls, for if he takes us from this bloodied field, we shall storm the gates of Hell instead.

Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war!

"Crush Your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."

BattleBoss

Quote from: Gunny on July 15, 2013, 01:52:50 PM
Should do some Star Trek online next week. Can set up a fleet action and all that.
I support this 200%.
"I am seventy-two and a proud soldier. This sword is seal! I am too old to break it." - Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher, Fürst von Wahlstatt
(A former Swedish Hussar)

Confuzzled

I feel that this game a thon should be more organized. How about every week we take the top 3-4 games most recommended by the people and put them in a poll so that everyone can vote and decide which game to play? It would help clear things up a lot.
"Be QUIET Confuzzled!" - Everyone

TheAssassin

Quote from: Confuzzled on July 19, 2013, 02:13:07 PM
I feel that this game a thon should be more organized. How about every week we take the top 3-4 games most recommended by the people and put them in a poll so that everyone can vote and decide which game to play? It would help clear things up a lot.
I like the sound of that
TheAssassin622