News:

ARMACLANS - Be sure to vote for the EPI on Armaclans and keep us up top!

Main Menu

FAQ and Discussion

Started by Gunny, March 30, 2018, 03:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunny

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do you only play Arma III?
A: Arma III is currently the only game we have official events in. That said we are still a community outside of our official events. There are regular Napoleonic Wars events that take place in the Teamspeak on Fridays, and you can almost always find someone to play a game with.

Q: Do you only play WW2 Arma?
A: Our official operations are all World War Two operations. This does not prevent our members from hosting alternate operations in different time periods, or us getting groups together to go play KOTH.

Q: Do you only play as Germans?
A: Our campaign system allows us a great deal of leeway in what we play. We have our "EPI Campaign" which is set in an alternate Eastern Front following the failure of the Anzio landings, a non-existance of D-Day, and a mitigation of Bagration. In these we are always the 1. Infanterie-Division. We do this every other campaign. In between, we do historical campaigns set earlier in the war. We have been Fallschirmjager on Krete, Finns on the Mannerheim Line, and even light infantry spearheading the assault into France in 1940. While we generally play as Germany or the like in these early war campaigns, that does not preclude the possibility of playing something different.

Q: How do I get promoted to Schütze?
A: Simple, attend a main operation and a Rekrut Training. Generally these are held on Thursdays but can be held at a time of your convenience!

Q: Is there an age limit?
A: There is no age limit. There is, however, a maturity limit. If you are 14 but can abide by the rules and serve as a model Schutze, you will be more welcome than a 30 year old that doesn't know how to stick with the squad.

Q: What is the Arma III server address?
A: We make things simple. Just go to direct connect in the server browser, type in arma3.1stepi.com, and it will come up as the 1stEPI server.

Q: I can't attend an event, what do I do?
A: Don't worry about it. If you are a Rkt let an NCO know that you will be absent. If you are an enlisted soldier, post in your applicable Gruppe's absence thread. We only request that you be vocal about your leaves of absence, don't worry about taking them.

Q: What if I have to go away for a long time?
A: Don't worry about that either. Let your NCOs know, and you will be moved to the Ersatz. Once you return and are ready to begin participating once more you will instantly be readmitted as a Schutze.

Q: Can we add *insert mod here*
A: Maybe. Send it along to an NCO and explain why it would be a benefit to the regiment. Unless it's Massi's WWII, in which case, no.
Fear not Death, that grim Reaper of souls, for if he takes us from this bloodied field, we shall storm the gates of Hell instead.

Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war!

"Crush Your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."