News:

ARMACLANS - Be sure to vote for the EPI on Armaclans and keep us up top!

Main Menu

It has been an honor.

Started by Rethmeier, July 27, 2011, 08:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rethmeier

Achtung Soldaten, Unteroffiziere, Rekruten, Dragoner, und Offiziere,

I would first like to say what an honor it has been to serve in this regiment for the past eight months.  I have enjoyed fighting alongside each and every one of you and it has been my honor to carry the role of commanding officer of such a fine group of men.  Eight months is a long time, but I have never regretted the decision of forming the 1st.  I have seen many changes to this regiment and have seen many men come and go.  However, I have never once doubted the mission or the path that we have chosen for ourselves, nor have I doubted the men who have given so much to make this regiment great. 
     I remember when the 1st East Prussian Infantry Regiment was first created from a group of players fleeing the death of the Age of False Innocence mod.  I could only have hoped that our efforts to create a well-drilled, well-organized, and honorable regiment would have been this successfull.  I am proud of what we have accomplished and can only imagine what the future has in store for this great group of guys.  This regiment has become a rallying point for much of the Mount and Musket Community and is constantly used as a symbol of what it means to fight in a proper line.  My heart fills with pride each time I hear our name used to prove a point or to provide an example of the correct way to fight a linebattle. 
     Our path to this point has not always been easy nor has it always been enjoyable.  The 1stEPI has gone through some rough-patches, but you men have never given up hope, nor have you given up on our mission.  I could not be prouder of each and every one of you than I am right now.  It is through your hard work and dedication that we have made it this far and it is through that continued effort that this regiment will continue to grow and prosper.  The men that I have served with and that have served under me are not only dedicated soldiers and officers, but also great friends and companions.  I appreciate each and every one of you and all that you have done for me and for this great organization.
     I have complete confidence in this Regiment's leadership, organization, and fighting spirit.  I know that the name "1stEPI" will carry meaning and symbolism in the Mount and Musket community for a long time to come and it is with great sadness and great pride that I retire from my position of Major in this proud regiment and promote Avoric to fill my place.  I have done the best that I could do ensure that this regiment's influence is felt long after I leave and I have great confidence and respect in Avoric, Fritz, Azrooh, Merius, Element, all of our wonderfull NCO's, our soldaten, and our rekruten.  I have no doubt that the 1st will continue to flourish long after I am gone.
     I am not leaving entirely and will still be around from time to time.  However, the time has come for me to relenquish my duties and to pass them on to the next commander of the 1st East Prussian Infantry Regiment.  I wish all of you good luck and I leave you with a most fond farewell.  I will always cherish my time here and will never forget the battles won, nor the men lost.  Onwards men of the 1st East Prussian Infantry Regiment!  Onwards to victory and glory everlasting!  Fuer das Vaterland!

Maj(Retired) Rethmeier
                                                             1st East Prussian Infantry Regiment