News:

ARMACLANS - Be sure to vote for the EPI on Armaclans and keep us up top!

Main Menu

Napoleon Total War Contest (CLOSED)

Started by Brookmanz, March 07, 2011, 12:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brookmanz

March 14th - April 1st

The rules will be simple and the scheduling of games will be flexible.

*NEW*
Each participant will play 8 games over a 3 week period.  This gives each player a chance to face every other contestant once.  Once you have played your 8 games, the amount of wins you have accrued will determine the victor.
*NEW*

After each game is played the victor will take a screen shot of the final game stats and upload it to the appropriate gallery on the forums which can be found here:
http://www.1stepi.com/forums/index.php?action=gallery;cat=5
Please place in the description the names of the two people involved in the battle.

Results will be posted on the main page as soon as I can but no later then 1 day.

RULES:
Map: Player Choice
Unit Size: Large
Artillery: No Howitzers, Rockets or Mortars
Funds: Medium

There will be a victory medal awarded to the last man standing but various achievement badges will also be awarded.  Badges can be lost if you do not defend your title in the next tournament though.

More information will follow soon.

Participants

Avoric
Serrow
Rethmeier
Azrooh
Velocirapetor/The_Weapon
Killfreak
LawL_LawL
Furnie
Merius

Rethmeier

Whoa Whoa Whoa.  No Artillery?  Well there goes my gameplan...

Brookmanz

No artillery makes it so much for interesting and tactical.  If not then people load up on howitzers and mortars and camp.  No fun there.

Koppari

Rethmeier

Quote from: Brookmanz on March 07, 2011, 12:52:14 PM
No artillery makes it so much for interesting and tactical.  If not then people load up on howitzers and mortars and camp.  No fun there.

Then place a limit on Artillery, don't just abolish it.  Without artillery you are removing a vital piece of combined arms, not to mention drastically changing the gameplay. 

Brookmanz

I'm reloading NTW on my computer right now so I will review the artillery situation and come up with the guidelines.

Adler

I'm prepared to get wrecked by everyone.

Azrooh

Quote from: Adler on March 07, 2011, 05:59:38 PM
I'm prepared to get wrecked by everyone.

Same here.

Quote from: Brookmanz on March 07, 2011, 01:32:57 PM
I'm reloading NTW on my computer right now so I will review the artillery situation and come up with the guidelines.

Just disallow howitzers and mortars then - I think the regular cannons are just fine.

Furnie

I bring my humble strategic knowledge, which his grown since Age of Empires first came, and offer it as competition for all!

-PS: The only reason you beat me Law_Lawl is because Argus kept making us do those restricting rules. I hope to see you upon the battlefield and rectify these doings.

Oh ya, I need to  be a good sport... so, Cheers! :D

Rethmeier

You mean restricting rules such as... DISALLOWING ARTILLERY!  It's called NAPOLEON total war for christ sakes.  What would Napoleon think if he heard you weren't allowing his beloved guns to fight with his armies?

Brookmanz

The roster for the tournament participants is updated.  As soon as I get NTW up and running on my machine i'll post the official rules.  Artillery WILL be allowed but there will be certain restrictions.  Basically no mortars or howitzers.  Stay tuned.

Furnie

No, I mean: Argus made me use exact formations of disadvantage against our opponents. I had half the men Lawl had due to replicating single battalions and trying to work together to smite grander foes... I rather don't like cannons myself, but I know how to use them regardless. :P That's not the kind of restrictions I was talking about. I don't use cannons to win, I usually don't use them altogether.

Brookmanz

I updated the original post with a new structure.  The tournament rounds were not working out since we did not have enough players for everything to split up evenly for a final 1v1 championship.  This new way will take some time but you have 2-3 weeks to coordinate and play games against 10 other contestants.

Velocirapetor

So when does the tournament officialy begin?

Brookmanz

Updated with the start date of Monday, March 14. The tournament will go through the 28th of March.