News:

ARMACLANS - Be sure to vote for the EPI on Armaclans and keep us up top!

Main Menu

Saturday May 21st Scrimmage vs. the 51st Regiment

Started by Brookmanz, May 15, 2011, 09:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brookmanz

Posted here to help us remember.  Reth can edit this post with any additional details.

Rethmeier

Picklesnipe

Rethmeier

Not sure exactly.  Somewhere between 25-30 is my best guess.  You never know though.  Could be more or less.

Azrooh

Everyone, since this will likely take less time than our normal training, we'll have an Age of False Innocence event right after.
You can download it by clicking on this banner:

Fritz

Huzzah, I may make it to the LB, altough I'll miss the AoFI event for sure.

Fritz

Sorry that I've been late. Altough we lost, I had fun. We should do more such battles.

Rethmeier

Brookmanz

It seemed that nobody was really into it, we were just trying to get through it because we said we would.  The steady, accurate volley fire from the 51st was ridiculously effective.  Seems like the musket accuracy gnomes were in the favor of the 51st today.

Plus we lost half of our regiment to the rapture so who can blame us for not having very many people?  ;D

von_Brennenburg

They are that effective in shooting because they "split" their companies into 3 parts.

Left, middle and right side and each side aims at the opposing regimental side. So they got a higher chance to hit.

Thats at least what I saw when I was 9 rounds in spec right after the start  ;D

IndiaQuinn

Quote from: von_Brennenburg on May 22, 2011, 03:51:37 AM
They are that effective in shooting because they "split" their companies into 3 parts.

Left, middle and right side and each side aims at the opposing regimental side. So they got a higher chance to hit.

Thats at least what I saw when I was 9 rounds in spec right after the start  ;D

I agree. They basically set up 2 to 3 lines on the hill top or just behind the cresent. Keep in mind that Sunday line battles forces all regiments in a double rank line.

Consider this a training. So it was still fun.

The majority of our company was the Rekruten zug. Of that zug half has had basic training. As it was the 2nd zug it was even harder for them to follow the 1st zug. Anyway it was a good lesson.
It showed them that good spacing is essential for example.

von_Brennenburg

Sure it was fun, the flag charge was epic :D

What I actually meant was, that when you have like 15 guys in one Zug, then the guys standing at the right side shoot at the right guys of the enemy and so on. So they divide their fire and avoid that 2 or more guys shoot at the same guy.

Like this:
[Spoiler]

[/Spoiler]

IndiaQuinn

Quote from: von_Brennenburg on May 22, 2011, 04:56:32 AM

What I actually meant was, that when you have like 15 guys in one Zug, then the guys standing at the right side shoot at the right guys of the enemy and so on. So they divide their fire and avoid that 2 or more guys shoot at the same guy.

Like this:
[Spoiler]

[/Spoiler]

That would only be the case when at "fire at will"
In all other situations the platoon/company leader will choose the target.

Fritz

We covered this stuff in our old shooting skill trainings too. Maybe we should do them again. Altough they have been considered boring :D

von_Brennenburg

Quote from: IndiaQuinn on May 22, 2011, 05:12:02 AM

Like this:
[Spoiler]

[/Spoiler]

That would only be the case when at "fire at will"
In all other situations the platoon/company leader will choose the target.

Sure the platoon leader gives the order to shoot at the right/left enemy company but what I mean is that every soldier has to choose a single target for him out of the designated target company.
So when you get the command "Company/Platoon aim at the right -" then our soldiers standing at the right side close to the Lt/OLt aim at the enemies on the right side of the enemy company, the soldiers in the middle aim also at the right company but they pick the enemy soldiers standing in the middle of the right company.

Sorry for my english, I had a long night ;(