News:

ARMACLANS - Be sure to vote for the EPI on Armaclans and keep us up top!

Main Menu

Suspension of Sunday Line Battle

Started by IndiaQuinn, June 20, 2011, 04:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndiaQuinn

Today Praetorian announced that the official Sunday line battles have been suspended until further notice.

The reasons are unclear to me.
I hope it will be only a short suspension.

von_Brennenburg

Hopefully he'll continue hosting it some day but he already mentioned something like "stopping for a while" yesterday during the battle.

Maybe some of us can join the monday public LB until there are sunday lbs again.

Haresus

`Tis a shame... But hopefully this means more time to do conquest events/trainings and more private (smaller) lbs.

Rethmeier

Sorry I've been fairly inactive guys.  I've been working these past couple of weekends.  My schedule is evening out though so now my weekends should be fairly open. 

As far as the linebattle goes, Praetorian just got tired so he's stopping his linebattle.  Lance, Zauberfisch, Lisek, and some other guys have been working together on making a new event to replace this one.  Lance and I agree that it should be a "historical linebattle" in the way of double rank lines, etc.  Lance has spearheaded this project and it will be up and running by next weekend.  I've offered up our EU server so I'd like to try and stress test it this week if we can.  I'll keep you posted.

manzuk

I hate conquest events, usually if I'm on for one of the scheduled events.. and it's announced to be a conquest event, i just leave. They are just dull, too many rules... line battles are the most fun for me.

Rethmeier

Well I'm sorry to hear that Manzuk.  I'd say try to be a little more flexible.  Conquest events have come a long way and much of it depends on the other regiments that show up.  There aren't all that many rules and most of them deal with common sense.  The most important rules to remember deal with spawning and that's just to make sure that it stays a linebattle.  If you haven't made it to a conquest event in a while, I'd say try to attend the next one, they've come a long way.  We've ironed out most of the kinks and things should be picking up.

As far as Sundays go, it'll be a regular linebattle, but be prepared for some rules.  It's going to be more structured than usual.  However, pretty much all the rules that have been put in place are already in place in the 1st so you don't have much to worry about.  This is our kind of event.