News:

ARMACLANS - Be sure to vote for the EPI on Armaclans and keep us up top!

Main Menu

Borodino Conquest Test Run

Started by Brookmanz, April 28, 2011, 10:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulfburk

Yep awesome map!

But since you should only spawn at your base, forest for team 1 and the village that starts neutral to team 2 ( by the way, just make it already in hands of team 2?), is it possible to take out the spawn points for all the other flags besides the 2 bases, but you can still cap the flags and all, just not spawn in them.

It would help in a larger event, where some might cheat and spawning in the front already, even with admins on.

Avoric

Right, Brookmanz, the one issue was that the spawn for Russia starts out of their hands and the Great Redoubt is listed as being the main base. Swapping that would be awesome.

Brookmanz

Quote from: Raegenhere on May 01, 2011, 04:25:14 PM
btw, where can i read up on the rules?

Borodino Conquest Rules

Quote from: Avoric on May 01, 2011, 06:02:12 PM
Right, Brookmanz, the one issue was that the spawn for Russia starts out of their hands and the Great Redoubt is listed as being the main base. Swapping that would be awesome.

I'll work on that this week.

IndiaQuinn

I really like the conquest mode, and the map was well suited for it.
It brings an entire new dimension to the game. More tactics and dynamics. You can die a few times and still win the game.
With more players it will be great fun, but it may need referees.
It is very easy to break the rules without anyone noticing it.

Brookmanz

I completely agree with Rethmeier.  We don't need referees because everyone is going to play by the rules.  I have confidence that we can police ourselves and that everyone knows that cheating will lead to Reth destroying those responsible. 

These words are completely my own and my original statement was not edited by Reth.

Rethmeier

Haresus

Rethmeier

Didn't you read his post? It says I DIDN'T edit his post

Brookmanz

Rethmeier

Haresus

Quote from: Rethmeier on May 02, 2011, 02:33:33 PM
Didn't you read his post? It says I DIDN'T edit his post

The forums beg to differ... :P

"« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:13:33 am by Rethmeier »"

And the forums are ALWAYS right!  ;D

Rethmeier

Brookmanz

Well since I have been denied my request for a referee, then I suggest that we at least have a quick 2 minute review of the way things will be done before the match begins.  That way it is fresh in everybody's minds and we will bring people up to speed who may not have read the rules thoroughly.

I realize that some among us believe that this is too complicated for a first try but I believe the rules are fairly straight forward and simple.  It may be complicated for the random public player but the regiments we are inviting are not strangers to this sort of thing.  Also, the beauty of an invite only event will be that if something does go wrong we have the people there that will offer advice and constructive criticism instead of 4 year-olds rage quitting and spam posting how awful the event was.  I believe our conquest events will become finely tuned as time goes on and as a result will be more and more fun.

So far we have received verbals from all but the 4pp.  A date will soon be set so keep an eye on this section.